Monday, April 21, 2014

The Andes Mountains

I am just days away from leaving Mendoza to head back home to Waterloo. The weather has been incredible which has given me the opportunity to see the majestic Andes Mountains. It also helped that I was living right at the foot of the mountains during my internship at Flechas de los Andes.....imagine, waking up everyday and this was the first thing you saw....

This blog post is a collection of some of the photos that I have taken. But first, here are some interesting wikipedia facts about the most important rain shadow in the world!!! (providing a dry climate for growing grapes)

The Andes is the longest continental mountain range in the world ranging about 7,000 km long, about 200 km wide and of an average height of about 13,000 ft. The Andes extend from north to south through seven South American countries: Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, and Argentina.




No comments:

Post a Comment