Sunday, March 30, 2014

My pick up and journey to the winery.....including an ASADO!

My contact at Flechas de los Andes has been a girl named Agustina. She has been so kind with helping to get me to Argentina and offered to collect me from my downtown hotel and drive me 120km south to the winery. This sounds so out of the way and I'm thankful I don't have to worry about a rental car and driving the rugged roads. It turns out that she makes visits on Sunday's for lunch to visit her family for an asado (Argentina BBQ). This week her sister and husband hosted 10 of us. I was treated like one of the family....mostly because they were impressed I would eat anything they put in front of me! They didn't have to worry about this Canadian girl missing out on one of the most authentic culinary experiences of her life:) 
THANK-YOU to Agustina and her family for taking such good care of me!

The Asado!

Ribs, pork, two types of beef and 3 different sausages, plus some veggies....

It is traditional to start with the sausages, greens, zucchini, squash, tomato
The pastry chef on the right created this flan. On the left is Gaston, my new boss!!

I was tempted to try this traditional cocktail, Fernet & Coke. Very herbal and minty fresh.
The two Father's of the group enjoying some Fernet and (maybe) some Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment